Simeone who has been with Athletico Madrid since December 2011, has managed to restore Madrid's second club to its glory. Under his tutelage, the Spanish club have risen to the highest level with the added bonus of a host of trophies, the most recent of which is the Spanish league won last season.





Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone is deeply attached to the Madrid club. The coach who has been on the club's bench for a decade does not see himself coaching their arch rivals Real Madrid in the future, and even the Brazilian national team as well.




When FIFA journalists questioned him about a Real Madrid and a National Team move in the future, he gave a straight forward response;





He doesn't rule out coaching a national team "I always feel that i have to be on the pitch, train, be with my players day after day. With the national team, that is not possible. If it could please me one day?

Sure i will do it".




"If i were to coach Real or Brazil, if i was offered the best deal ever imagined and unlimited funds? I'd pass my turn and say goodbye to the money. I could never coach these two teams", said Simeone.